PAT Testing in Oxford for Both Large and Smaller Clients
The Oxford Electrical company recognises that PAT testing is an essential aspect of a company’s health & safety policy to ensure that staff aren’t harmed by any electrical equipment within a business premises, which is why we offer PAT testing services to all sizes of client in Oxford and the surrounding areas.
Our Response team offers PAT testing for up to 50 items at short notice, usually within 24 hours, so you don’t have to wait to be fitted in.
Portable appliance testing (PAT) is the term used to describe the examination of electrical appliances and equipment to ensure they are safe to use and should be carried out by qualified electricians like the team at TOEC. There are three parts to the testing:
- Electrical-testing. A visual inspection looks at damage to the cable, plug (including checking for any wiring or fuse problems), case and/or any loose components. The visual inspection checks that the environment the device is being used in is appropriate
- An earth continuity test checks for earth continuity between the plug and the appropriate parts of the device
- The insulation test checks the cable for any faults or weaknesses.
In most workplaces you will see evidence of PAT testing from a small sticker placed on the device that includes the date of inspection and who carried out the test.
PAT Testing records are high on the inspection list for Fire Officers and Health & Safety Inspectors. By having your office tested and certified regularly by TOEC engineers you will comply with the Electricity at Work Regulations (1989), as well as minimising risk to life and property.
Contact us today for a free, no obligation quote or call out
Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)
The Electricity at Work Regulations (1989) dictate that all portable equipment (from computer systems and printers to kettles and televisions) must be inspected regularly and tested to ensure that it is safe for use and places legal implications on employers to ensure the safety of electrical devices in the workplace.
IEE Code of Practice
TOEC’s PAT Testing, is carried out to IEE Code of Practice and helps remove your exposure to any fire damage claim being challenged on grounds of inadequate maintenance.
Each appliance is comprehensively tested to meet the exact requirements of the IEE Code of Practice for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment. We use the latest and up to date PAT testing equipment and all our engineers are fully qualified. On completion of testing,
- An inventory containing each appliance type, name, location and description
- A full set of test results for each appliance tested
- A full list of any failed items with an explanation of their failure
- Each appliance will receive a pass/fail sticker accompanied by a safety certificate.