Electrical Condition Reports – Commercial and Industrial
Regular electrical safety checks and electrical testing and inspection is not only necessary but is required by legislation in both domestic and commercial settings. Because all electrical installations deteriorate due to several factors such as damage, wear, tear, corrosion, excessive electrical loading, ageing and environmental influences current legislation requires that electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition and therefore must be periodically inspected and tested.
An EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) is the most straightforward and cost-effective way of proving an electrical installation is safe. It is a formal document that is produced following an assessment of the electrical installation within a property. It must be carried out by an experienced qualified electrician.
The Oxford Electrical Company have the experience and team to work on larger projects and sites as contractors that can be trusted to deliver the highest level of electrical testing and inspections.
We work as part of a team to provide an efficient and effective service that is carried out to the highest standards of professionalism in accordance with all relevant legislation. We understand that any downtime will be costly to your business and so we work to your needs, limiting any downtime.
To ensure clients are always up-to-date with regulatory requirements we remind them when re-testing is required and arrange for the tests to be carried out, so you’ve complete peace of mind.
- Fixed Wire Testing, also known as an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR), is a legal requirement of all commercial premises. Most commercial properties require Fixed Wire Testing every 5 years, however special units such as hospital units may require testing once a year or even more frequently. Please refer to a table of recommended testing frequencies.
Our commercial testing services include;
- Recording test results accurately and complete electrical certificates and relevant documents (we keep everything backed up so you have a reference document for the future)
- Complete portable appliance testing (PAT) and fixed appliance testing to electrical equipment owned where necessary
- Undertake electrical repair work including replacing defective lighting, circuits, switches, emergency lighting, and other associated tasks where needed (highlighted in the testing/inspection report).
- Test emergency and communal lighting and where required carry out repairs where needed.
Please call The Oxford Electrical Company on 01865 803017 for more information and a quote to provide electrical testing and inspection.