The Oxford Electrical Company offers testing and inspection services for all the above, for both domestic and commercial clients of all sizes. Including;
- Visual condition report
- Home buyers electrical survey
- Part P certification
- Electrical installation certificates
- Minor works installation certificates
- Periodic electrical inspection report
- PAT (Portable appliance) testing.
An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) for Landlords
An EICR is most commonly used by landlords as it is the easiest way of proving an electrical installation is safe. If landlords do not complete their electrical safety obligations they may not only be putting their properties and tenants and risk, but they also face significant financial risks from fines and invalidated insurances.
Landlords are required by law to ensure:
- That when tenants move in the electrical installation in the rented property is safe and is and maintained throughout the tenancy
- That HMOs (House in Multiple Occupation) have periodic inspections every five years
- That any appliances provided within the rental property are safe and has at least the CE marking. (A PAT test is an effective way for landlords to ensure that they are meeting their legal obligations to maintain exacting standards of electrical safety in their rented property).
The Oxford Electrical company recommends landlords complete a thorough visual inspection of the property between tenancies, carry out regular safety checks on the electrical appliances as part of the rental agreement, ensures the property has adequate RCD protection and uses a respected and registered electrician, such as The Oxford Electrical Company, not only for the initial EICR report but for any further PAT testing or safety checks.
Please call The Oxford Electrical Company on 01865 803017 who can assist you with a range of testing and safety check services from EIRC to minor work certificates, PAT testing and visual inspections.